The Clinical Applications Specialist will be responsible for all clinical studies and research collaborations and will be the main point of contact between Zilia and its research partners. Interactions will include demonstrating our products, overseeing installations, preparing and delivering a structured training plan, facilitating collaborations and providing information for technical and scientific questions from researchers and key opinion leaders (KOLs) in a wide range of medical fields.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate research collaborations & clinical studies.
- Provide clinical expertise for clinical studies and for the development of research protocols.
- Participate in writing grants to support clinical studies.
- Train principal investigators and users for research studies.
- Liaise with product users and the R&D team.
- Liaise with potential clients and the Business Development team.
- Participate in the development of the technology by providing regular feedback on customer satisfaction and needs, elaborating clinical validation plans and selecting appropriate clinical investigation sites.
- Communicate research results.
- Write, review and submit scientific papers to peer-reviewed journals.
- Present study results and Zilia’s technology at tradeshows and conferences.
- Participate in the production of blog articles for Zilia’s website.
- Participate in the production of training material (presentations, brochures, videos, etc.)
- Promote the use of Zilia’s technological platform at conferences, trade shows or workshops.
- Stay up to speed with the latest scientific advances related to Zilia technologies.
- Follow up with leads in the research community.
- Develop meaningful relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs).
- MSc or PhD in biomedical engineering, biophotonics, molecular biology, or related fields.
- Excellent communication skills required, written and verbal; English and French.
- Ability in the analysis of data and writing scientific documents.
- Knowledge of biomarkers and/or spectroscopy of biological tissues is an asset.
- Experience in clinical studies is an asset.
- Experience in the development of medical devices is an asset.
The Clinical Applications Specialist will be required to frequently travel nationally and internationally for tradeshows or to visit research centers.