The Product Engineer works with the R&D team and Product Management, leads the different phases of product development until the release to production and provides support during the production phase.
Duties and responsibilities
- Specific product development and improvement projects
- Design transfer activities, including but not limited to:
- Creation of BOMs
- Creation of Product requirement specifications
- Product verification
- Creation of assembly & test procedures
- Equipment planning and control
- Validation of equipment and procedure (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Definition of in-process and final tests
- Packaging development
- Definition of yield targets
- Cost estimate
- Production personnel training
- Prototype assembly and testing
- Quality control (QC)
- Production support (troubleshooting)
- Optimization of production procedures, yield and costs
- Management of quality issues, non-conformities and CAPAs
- Customer Field support (at the early stage of product introduction)
- Cost reduction activities including the search for new suppliers, parts modification, change of manufacturing methods, redesign, etc.
- Degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of CAD tools like Solidworks
- Languages: French, English
- Experience with equipment and process validation would be a great asset
- Experience with LEDs, optical systems, electrical circuits and embedded software would be an asset.
The Ideal Candidate
- Wants to be part of a small and fast-growing company.
- Has a strong interest in all aspects of product development and particularly with product verification and validation, implementation of manufacturing and test processes and equipment, optimization, and quality control.
- Likes to have autonomy in its responsibilities
- Is conscientious, reliable and organized.